Body Art Tattoo Museum – Preserving Tattoo History Past & Present…
Body Art Tattoo Museum seeks to steward the cultural appreciation of tattooing as an art form and as a form of personal expression. The objective to establish the Body Art Tattoo Museum as a premium destination for people living within Switzerland as well as travelers to who appreciate Tattoo art, design, history, and culture. As such, the Body Art Tattoo Museum objective is to curate a collection and develop programs designed to provide continuously reliable exhibitions, events, and services promoting good relations and mutual benefits to the Swiss museum culture at large.
Body Art Tattoo Museum intends to build, manage, and display the visual and cultural history of
Tattooing. Primary focus will be on Swiss Tattoo artists and the tattoo industry within Switzerland. However, international Tattoo history and Tattoo artists will also be used to tell the stories of Tattoo artists and the history of Tattooing.
The Body Art Tattoo Museum will also be an interactive museum. Permanent collections will be
displayed alongside interactive computerized systems and live events. There will also be a tattoo
studio featuring International guest artists.
Staking claim to the rich heritage of Body Art Tattoo artists, the museum serves as a testament to the individualistic character of tattooed people in Switzerland while honoring the labor and skill of the Tattoo artists.
Our collaborations with local tattoo artists here in Switzerland, international tattoo artists from abroad, tattoo aficionados and other tattoo museums worldwide have brought us into the global tattoo conversation and places the museum securely within in history. Our presentation of international guest artists, events, and tattoo artist workshops serves to create a new artistic platform in – one that brings together the urban street and
underground art scene with a more high-brow museum culture.
⇒ Displaying an appreciation and respect for the history, culture, and craft of tattooing.
⇒ Reach out to the general public as a cultural and educational institution in , Switzerland.
⇒ Present Swiss & International Tattooing Culture
⇒ Appreciation & Education Of The Art
⇒ Historical Preservation & Research
⇒ Public Access & Display
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum is a good steward of its resources held in the public trust.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum identifies the communities it serves, and makes appropriate decisions in how it serves them.
- Regardless of its self-identified communities, the Body Art Tattoo Museum strives to be a good neighbor in its geographic area.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum strives to be inclusive and offers opportunities for diverse participation.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum asserts its public service role and places education at the center of that role.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum demonstrates a commitment to providing the public with physical and intellectual access to the Tattoo Museum and its resources.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum is committed to public accountability and is transparent in its mission and its operations.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum complies with local, state, and federal laws, codes, and regulations applicable to its facilities, operations, and administration.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum owns, exhibits, or uses collections that are appropriate to its mission.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum legally, ethically, and effectively manages, documents, cares for, and uses the collections.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum `s collections-related research is conducted according to appropriate scholarly standards.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum strategically plans for the use and development of its collections.
- Guided by its mission, the Tattoo Museum provides public access to its collections while ensuring their preservation.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum legally, ethically, and responsibly acquires, manages, and allocates its financial resources in a way that advances its mission.
- The Body Art Tattoo Museum operates in a fiscally responsible manner that promotes its long-term sustainability.